Meet the Dermatology Specialists
Kathryn E. Bowers, MD
Concord and Cambridge Offices – Not Accepting New Patients
Dr. Kathryn Bowers graduated from the University of Vermont and received her medical degree from the University of Vermont College of Medicine. She trained in dermatology at the University of Rochester, where she also served as the program's chief resident. Prior to attending medical school, Dr. Bowers was a registered nurse and nurse practitioner with a master's degree from Simmons College in Boston.
In addition to general dermatology, Dr. Bowers performs a variety of cosmetic procedures, including chemical peels, sclerotherapy, BOTOX and fillers of all types, as well as laser procedures for spider veins, hair removal, and brown spots.
Dr. Bowers is the immediate past president of the Massachusetts Academy of Dermatology and chief of the Department of Dermatology at Mount Auburn Hospital.
Prior to joining Dermatology Associates of Concord, Dr. Bowers was a full-time academic dermatologist at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School. During that time, she was the co-director for the Collaborative Clinic for Diseases of the Oral Mucosa in conjunction with the Department of Oral Surgery. She has lectured both locally and nationally on the topic of diseases of the oral mucosa.
Dr. Bowers sees patients in our Concord, Cambridge, and Waltham locations.
- Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners
- Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology
CURRENT HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS
- Active Staff, Department of Medicine, Emerson Hospital, Concord, MA
- Active Staff, Department of Medicine, Mount Auburn Hospital, Cambridge, MA
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- New England Dermatological Society
- Women's Dermatologic Society
- Massachusetts Academy of Dermatology (Secretary 1999-2006, President 2006-present)
- American Medical Association
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Middlesex Central District Medical Society
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS, AWARDS, PUBLICATIONS
- Ernest H. Buttles Award in Pathology (1987)
- Upjohn Research Award (1991)
- Resident Teaching Award, Department of Dermatology, Harvard Medical School (1997)
- Multiple dermatologic articles in peer-reviewed journals and chapters in major dermatology textbooks
- Co-author with Dr. Kenneth Arndt, Manual of Dermatologic Therapeutics (2001)
- Listed by BostonMagazine as one of the Best Doctors in Boston (2006, 2007, 2014)