Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are the most widely used substances for soft tissue augmentation. These cosmetic fillers, including Juvederm®, Juvederm Voluma®, Restylane-L®, Restylane® Lyft, Restylane® Refyne, and Restylane® Defyne, are injected into the skin to help with facial volume loss that is common with aging.
Dermal fillers help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, sagging, folds, hollowness under the eyes, scars, and depressions. These fillers allow a nonsurgical approach to achieve an instant, more youthful, natural-looking result that lasts.
Not sure which dermal filler is best for you? Don’t worry – our providers will help you decide based on your goals and budget:
- Juvederm® is used to correct moderate-to-severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the smile lines around the nose and mouth. Results generally last for up to 12 months.
- Juvederm Voluma® restores volume to hollowed-out cheeks for up to 2 years.
- Restylane-L® smooths moderate-to-severe wrinkles and folds, including the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds, or smile lines). Restylane may also be used to plump thin lips. Results generally last about 6 months.
- Restylane® Lyft adds volume to the cheeks and midface area. It can also treat wrinkles on the back of the hands. Results generally last about 6 months.
- Restylane® Refyne help soften moderate wrinkles and folds around your nose, mouth, and chin (nasolabial folds and marionette lines). Results generally last up to 12 months.
- Restylane® Defyne corrects deep wrinkles and folds around your nose, mouth, and chin. Results generally last up to 12 months.
Is It Safe?
Hyaluronic acids naturally exist as a component of your skin. By binding to water, hyaluronic acid fills in wrinkles and folds, allowing immediate and smooth correction. These fillers are very safe and effective.
What to Expect from Dermal Fillers
This procedure typically takes less than 30 minutes and the results can be seen immediately. Depending on your comfort level, you may or may not receive a local anesthetic or numbing solution before the fine needle is inserted into your skin. There is no recovery time necessary with this treatment, allowing you to return to your normal activities immediately afterward. However, swelling and bruising are possible.
The results of hyaluronic acid fillers are not permanent, but they do last longer than other treatments. You can expect to see results for 6 to 12 months for most fillers, or up to 2 years, depending on the chosen filler.
Other Face Fillers
We also offer Sculptra® Aesthetic, which is very safe and effective for smoothing out facial wrinkles such as smile lines, laugh lines, and chin wrinkles. Unlike hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, Sculptra stimulates the production of collagen over the course of time – typically a series of 3 injections within 3 to 4 months. Results appear gradually as the inner structure and volume of your skin is restored, and may last up to 2 years.
If you are having one of these injections in our office, please see these Pre- and Post-Care Instructions for Dermal Fillers.
For younger-looking skin today without the downtime of surgery, call Dermatology Associates of Concord's scheduling department at (978) 254-1600 today to arrange an appointment. You can also request an appointment online.