Meet the Dermatology Specialists
Lauren Alberta-Wszolek, MD
Concord and Cambridge Offices – Accepting New Patients
Dr. Lauren Alberta-Wszolek, a native of Massachusetts, graduated from the College of the Holy Cross and received her medical degree from the University of Massachusetts Medical School, being elected into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha National Honor Society. She completed an internal medicine internship at the Lahey Clinic Medical Center and a dermatology residency at UMass Medical School, where she served as chief resident in her final year.
Prior to joining Dermatology Associates of Concord, Dr. Alberta was a full-time academic dermatologist at UMass Medical School, where she had the opportunity to treat patients with challenging skin conditions and teach dermatology residents, rotating residents from other fields, and medical students. She then moved with her family to Houston, Texas and spent two years at Bellaire Dermatology Associates, where she practiced general dermatology and performed a variety of cosmetic procedures.
Dr. Alberta has presented at both regional and national meetings and has published several journal articles and book chapters, ranging from acne and rosacea to infectious diseases, drug rashes, and inpatient dermatology.
Dr. Alberta practices general dermatology and enjoys caring for both adults and children. In addition to general dermatology, she has a special interest in acne, rosacea, psoriasis, skin cancer screening and prevention, and cutaneous surgery. She also performs a variety of cosmetic and laser procedures.
Dr. Alberta sees patients in our Concord and Cambridge locations.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology
CURRENT HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS
- Active Staff, Department of Medicine, Emerson Hospital, Concord, MA
- Active Staff, Department of Medicine, Mount Auburn Hospital, Cambridge, MA
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- New England Dermatological Society
- Massachusetts Academy of Dermatology
- American Medical Association
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS, AWARDS, PUBLICATIONS
- American Medical Women’s Association Award Recipient (2005)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (2005)
- Women’s Dermatologic Society Mentorship Award Recipient: Inpatient Dermatology (2009)
- Author of several chapters in medical textbooks, including most recently in Dr. Kenneth Arndt’s Manual of Dermatologic Therapeutics (2013)
- Author of multiple dermatologic articles in peer-reviewed journals