Michael M. Pugliese, M.D.
Michael Pugliese graduated from Manhattan College and received his medical degree from the State University of NY at Buffalo. He trained in the Department of Dermatology at Harvard Medical School, where he also served as the program's Chief Resident. He was a Lieutenant Commander and Deputy Chief of the Department of Dermatology at the United States Public Health Service Hospital in Staten Island, New York. At the same time, he was an Instructor in their Physician Assistant School and an instructor in the Department of Dermatology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. He has also been an Assistant in Dermatology at Children's Hospital Medical Center in Boston, an Associate in Dermatology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, and a Clinical Instructor in Dermatology at the Harvard Medical School. He has lectured locally to physician and community groups, and organizes and participates in free skin cancer screening clinics.
In addition to general dermatology, Dr. Pugliese also performs a variety of cosmetic procedures, including light chemical peels; sclerotherapy; a variety of laser procedures for spider veins, rosacea and hair removal; intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy for photorejuvenation, as well as Botox, collagen and Restylane injections.
- Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners, 1970
- Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology, 1974
CURRENT HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS
- Active Staff, Department of Medicine, Emerson Hospital, Concord, MA
- Courtesy Staff, Department of Medicine, Mt. Auburn Hospital, Cambridge, MA
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Medical Association
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Middlesex Central District Medical Society
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- New England Dermatological Society
- Massachusetts Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS, AWARDS, PUBLICATIONS
- Author of several articles in peer-reviewed dermatologic journals
- Author of chapters in medical textbook
- Listed by Boston Magazine in 1999, 2006 and 2007 as one of the Best Doctors in Boston