Kathryn E. Bowers, M.D.
Kathryn Bowers graduated from the University of Vermont and received her medical degree from the University of Vermont College of Medicine. She trained in dermatology at the University of Rochester where she also served as the program's Chief Resident. Prior to attending medical school, Dr. Bowers was a registered nurse and nurse practitioner with a Master's degree from Simmons College in Boston.
In addition to general dermatology, Dr. Bowers performs a variety of cosmetic procedures, including chemical peels, sclerotherapy, intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy for photorejuvenation; Botox, collagen and Restylane injections; and laser procedures for spider veins, hair removal and brown spots.
Dr. Bowers is the current President of the Massachusetts Academy of Dermatology and Chief of the Department of Dermatology at the Mount Auburn Hospital.
Prior to joining Dermatology Associates of Concord, Dr. Bowers was a full-time academic dermatologist at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School. During that time she was the co-director for the Collaborative Clinic for Diseases of the Oral Mucosa, in conjunction with the Department of Oral Surgery. She has lectured both locally and nationally on the topic of diseases of the oral mucosa.
- Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners, 1988
- Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology, 1991
CURRENT HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL SCHOOL AFFILIATIONS
- Active Staff, Department of Medicine, Emerson Hospital, Concord, MA
- Active Staff, Department of Medicine, Mt. Auburn Hospital, Cambridge, MA
- Associate in Dermatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Medical Association
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Middlesex Central District Medical Society
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- New England Dermatological Society
- Massachusetts Academy of Dermatology, (Secretary 1999-2006, President 2006-present)
- Women's Dermatology Society
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS, AWARDS, PUBLICATIONS
- Ernest H. Buttles Award in Pathology, 1987.
- Upjohn Research Award, 1991.
- Resident Teaching Award, Department of Dermatology, Harvard Medical School, 1997.
- Multiple dermatologic articles in peer-reviewed journals and chapters in major dermatology text books
- Co-author with Dr. Kenneth Arndt, Manual of Dermatologic Therapeutics, 2001
- Listed by Boston Magazine in 2006 and 2007 as one of the Best Doctors in Boston