Alexis Perkins, M.D.
Alexis Perkins graduated summa cum laude from Bryn Mawr College where she received her AB in Neuroscience and English Literature.
She attended Harvard Medical School where she was selected for a Doris Duke Clinical Research Fellowship, which she completed with Dr. Alexa Kimball in the departments of Dermatology at Brigham and Womens and Massachusetts General Hospitals, focusing on acne, rosacea and psoriasis.
Following medical school Dr. Perkins completed an internship in internal medicine at St Vincent's Hospital followed by residency in Dermatology at the University of Massachusetts where she served as Chief Resident in her final year. Dr. Perkins practices general dermatology and enjoys caring for both children and adults. In addition to general dermatology, her clinical interests include acne, rosacea, psoriasis, skin cancer screening and prevention, laser and cosmetic dermatology. She authored several peer-reviewed publications concerning acne, rosacea, and psoriasis.
- Diplomat of the American Board of Dermatology, 2011
CURRENT HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL SCHOOL AFFILIATIONS
- Active Staff, Department of Medicine, Emerson Hospital, Concord, MA
- Active Staff, Department of Medicine, Mt. Auburn Hospital, Cambridge, MA
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND MEMBERSHIPS (selected)
- American Academy of Dermatology, fellow
- New England Dermatological Society
- Massachusetts Academy of Dermatology
- Societ for Pediatric Dermatology